SeeClickFix Blog #1

• In your own words, explain what the words RESISTANCE and AGENCY mean.   

Resistance is when someone doesn’t agree to doing something or wants somethings to not happen. Agency is when you get the control back from your own life.

• In your own words, explain what the term SOCIAL MOVEMENT means.

Social movement is when people work together to stop oppression and make a change.

• What does the company called SEECLICKFIX do for people living in Oakland?

The company seeclickfix helps fix problems in Oakland like potholes, broken sidewalks and more by bugging the people who’s job it is to fix that problem.

• Do you think SEECLICKFIX helps people in Oakland to resist oppression and gain agency?  Explain why, or why not.

Yes, because the city of Oakland doesn’t listen to the people who live here that need things to be fixed. 

• Explain the story of how you took your picture for the SEECLICKFIX project (Describe what you took a picture of, when you took it, where you were, how, and why).

I got my seeclickfix picture by when i was in the car and there was a stop light so my mom stopped i saw it on 5511 Hilton street by Bancroft ave. Since the car wasn’t moving and i had a sorta good view i took a picture of what i can get on the screen because it was a lot of trash where people can’t even walk past through.

• What did you do in class to join SEECLICKFIX?  Describe the steps you took.

Me and my class went to the seeclickfix website and joined with google, we had to let the website see our location than later on we had to go to our email and verify the account.

• What did you do in class to report an issue to SEECLICKFIX?  Describe the steps you took.

Me and my class opened the seeclickfix website, clicked on report issue,later on we followed the steps to report the issue than we wrote down the issue ID number.

• Do you predict that the City of Oakland will fix the problem you reported?  Explain why, or why not.

Yes, i do think the city of Oakland will fix the problem that i reported because i was clear about it and because it covers 1/3 of the block.